Friday, March 31, 2023

Colonoscopy procedure

I am so thankful to the Lord for having a safe colonoscopy procedure. This is a recommended procedure from my health insurance for adults reach at 50 years old. (Warning this is a long message) 😆 🤣 😂 

Ding! I just turned 50 ;) and had my yearly check up last February. Your family doctor will order this in behalf of the insurance. So, it is a MUST! It's a preventive for colon cancer and if my rectum or my large intestine has polyps, they will remove it. BUT! I have none. Thanks be to God!!! ❤️ 💙 💜 💖 💗 . 

The nurses that assisted me there was asking me lots of questions. One thing that they were so impressed of. I have NO MEDICATIONS taken as maintenance. I even told them confidently, I'll see you guys in 10 years ;) 😉 😘 😉. You, yourself can assessed what did you do with your body. Did you treated it poorly? Or you will be good to it. 

The nurse thought of me that I maybe a nurse cause she was telling me how they gonna do to me and I was filling up some blanks of the words that she is about to tell me. And I was like, I spend my time reading after my doctor ordered this procedure. I just wanna be prepared. 

One thing, I told her. I am nervous and my BP skyrocketed to 150/50 😆 🤣 😂 😹 😆 🤣 I was like believe me, it's on my dr records. I have 110/50, I even had 90/60 back in 2015 and started going up as I am getting older. Brian rolled his eyes when I am telling him this 😆 🤣 😂 😹 

They asked me what was my secrets and I told them. Since I was young, I rather eat vegetables than meat. I am not saying meat is bad but eating in a moderation (3x a week?). I do not preferred to eat greasy food (Trans fat??) but either in boiled, grilled, pan fry (no oil) and or just paksiw (that Filipino dish I like). I tried my best to stay away eating non organic chicken and farmed raise fish like tilapia, hito or catfish, milk fish or bangus and some of the salmon. I prefer eat wildcaught fish. That's why I can't wait to be home in the Philippines and eat those small fish lol 😆 

So you will ask me, in one week there are 7 days and has 3 meals and so we are talking about 21 meals. 

Here it is, I eat eggs everyday. I remembered when I was a kid. Needed to limit in eating eggs but oh boy! If I choose to. I eat 5 eggs a day as a replacement of my protein (3 meals equivalent). If I want to make it so easy. If you think of plant base protein, we have Quinoa, tofu, seitan, and tempeh, maybe there are more but that is what I have at home. 

If I live in the Philippines, I maybe foraging jute or saluyot, alusiman or purslane and or kulitis or amaranth in the cornfields... and planted lots of malunggay. Those leafy greens are the best! I'll say, I am rich IF I have a lot of those planted in my farm. So start planting. Your flowers that you planted around your house won't give you food. 

The plus of eating those, you have plenty of energy. So, I am ready to summit in Mt Apo for the 4th time. ❤️ 💖 💗 

I told the Dr that i am going hike Mt Apo for a day and has 10,000 feet elevation above sea level.. he was like huh! For a day? he is also a hiker and like to travel. 

When he came in to the room before they will give me an anesthesia. He googled it where is Bansalan trail and the elevation of the starting point. He might be going and hike. I told him, pls let me know I'll guide you going up to Mt Apo summit. 

So when the dr give it a go for giving me the meds and anesthesia, I went to lala land. I planned of watching my gut in the screen but i fall asleep. When I woke up, Brian is with me and the nurse gave me a juice. (See me in the photo)

When we all are cleared of checking out, we went to the habachi place and I wanna eat salmon... but unfortunately, I only have a bite of rice and I am done. I throw up the juice that I was drinking. 

 So guys, Health is wealth. ❤️ 💙 💜 💖 💗 ❤️ 💙 💜 💖 💗 Be good to your body.

No comments: