Thursday, April 12, 2012

Our cat Misty

My daughter, Mary wanted to have a pet cat because she loves it. I never been associated to cats longer before. We cat sit for 3 weeks but I was thinking that I am fine with it. No allergic reactions.

We have Misty for about 6 months now. On her first night here at home, she slept at my daughter's bed which made my daughter so happy. As what we understand her behavior, she is not used to male and or maybe those male that like dogs, which my husband really loves dog. In the last couple months, she started to sleep in my bedroom and even I heard her purring while looking for a good spot to lie down on the foot side of my bed.

Misty tolerated the behavior of my kids, she always got a lots of hugs and it is ok with her that she is carried all the time. My daughter loves to carry her.

But she likes to climb up closets and even closet door. She is a climber cat.. well cat likes that way.

As for her food, she ate dry and wet food. Brand for her dry is IAMS and she likes fancy feast grilled only. I gave her a can in the morning and evening and she is snacking for dry food. She does not really fun of treats, we bought different kinds of treats for her but she won't eat it, maybe because it is a bit hard. I dunno LOL. But she ate dogs treats. There is dog treats which is 90 cents at the commisary, she likes that. She also likes salmon treats.

Misty has a cat tree- a simple cat tree where she can climb up and look down to us. The bottom part was broken but hubby is going to fix it later today. All the stuff that she has here at home. I like to send it with her. She is a very cute cat and it is hard for me to let her go :((.

I am taking allergy medicine for more than 2 months because my eyes are so itchy and watery. I got paranoid now of vacuuming the house even walls. But still I am itching and sneezing. I even asked my husband to take Misty back to PAWS because we got her there and they won't take it because they needed a doctor's note. I can't find myself taking allergy medicine the whole time that we have a cat at home. So, I force myself to get an appointment and got test done. Yeah, am allergic :((. So sad to think.

At the inner part of my brain, I don't want to let go Misty but when I forgot to take my medicine and got late of taking it for 3 hours. I find myself itching and my eyes are getting red. I always washed my face to take off the allergens. It helps but my allegra medicine helps much.

No comments: