Sunday, February 03, 2008

weather in yokosuka japan

02-03-2008 Sunday
When we got here the temperature at Yokota Airbase was 40 deg farenheit and it is pretty much they same in Belfair WA when we left. Yesterday was being so chilly. This early morning Brian woke up and close the window, it is getting cold inside our room and there is no way that we can control the temperature knob. I woke up the noise of the wind and I was really curious what is that noise. The wind blows so hard diagonally. I never seen like this before. Our window is facing in the ocean and the wind strike so hard in our window. I have phobia of wind and I am living like this within the next 3 or 5 years.

We knew that we have only few food and I don't wanna eat peanut butter and jelly sandwich for my breakfast. So, Brian decided to go out and buy something at the Main Street USA. This street has lots of stall of food chains, I won't say food court. There is subway, cinnabon, A&W, Sbarru and on the next building I think about 30 yeards away, there is McDonald.

When Brian went there, I was worried when I was looking in the window. The wind was blowing so hard and there is snow falling in the ground. The wind blow horizontally. The snow hit on the window and not even melting. I was looking the time and I figured Brian will be here soon. You know my husband, he is a stubborn man. I was asking him not to come out and go to Comsmissary. He went out and there again.. the wind blows so hard with a snow in it. I just called it blizzard. The people here were very amazed because they never get snow during winter on the ground more than two times. When he got back, I was relieved. I took his jacket because his feet was frozen to death. He got called, he was trying to warm up himself at the heater and even soak his feet at the warm water at the tub.

The weather here in Japan is just like US. I just like to have like that but I don't like strong wind. I am hoping that since we are here, we will never experience too much strong wind. It scared me to death.

Back to Home Page

No comments: