Saturday, February 02, 2008

The day we left at Seatac for Japan

1/31/2008 - I write this journal on our trip....

Brian started his morning at 4:10AM. He finished packing our luggage. He was a busy hubby and a busy Daddy. I always love this man. He is our main author of our trip. He let me sleep in and the kids but I woke up when the alarm went off. I helped him a little bit in packing and then Mary decided to wake up and I nurse her so she went back to sleep. The kids need more sleep as we do so they have all the strenght to keep them going to the trip. Brian prepared himself and wanted to take a shower but he decided not to or else he will be sweaty after all carrying those 4 luggages, 1 balikbayan, and 1 duffle bag. I just wanna help him with those luggages but he prepared to do it by himself because we are just a pain in a butt when we will be with him. It is a little bit faster for him to do it and less stress while looking after with the kids. It is also cold for the kids to go out that early.

Brian left at 5:30AM because the bus left every 30 minutes. We need to check-in 6 hours before the plane left. So that's why we had an early start of the day. I was falling asleep while nursing Mary and I heard that there is sound of the door trying to get in using keycard and it was Brian. I was looking at the time at the microwave and it was 6:58AM. It took an hour and 1/2 for Brian to get back to the hotel. Brian told me right away to prepare ourselves because they started to board at 8:45 and it is 2 hours early. I just could not imagine how early it was. So then Brian head to the bathroom and take a shower and I was finished packing our carryon bag. We are a little unorganize with our stuff but we are just fine anyways. We left some of the stuff that we did not want to take. We were looking for weight and we does not want lots of weight to carry. It is being hard with the kids when we will be passing at the gates. It is a pain to get to the gate with all the stuff we have. I took a quick shower and I let Benjamin join in my shower when I was almost done. He does not want to take a shower. He was trying to fight his Dad but Brian was carrying him and put in the tub. He is a funny kid. We quickly change our clothes and it is wake time anyways. We went to dining area and get a little food for breakfast.

We left at the hotel at 8:00AM and the bus driver was helping Brian for our luggages. It was a pretty cold morning and we head to the gate right away. Benjamin was really good in taking off his shoes and watching what are they going on the metal detector. He took off his jacket and he helped us too putting our stuff in a bins. He is really a helper. After we passed the gate, Benjamin saw the play area and he was upset because we did not stop there and let him play. We wanted to but we are hurrying to the gate. I carried him so he won't run back but then he hurt me by kicking his foot and it hit on my legs. My legs was really painful and I gave him a slapped on his face. I feel really bad because I did not meant to do that. I was got shocked and the pain of my legs and I wanted him to stop kicking me. He was crying and when I saw on his face, I saw the mark of my fingers. Brian was a bit upset but then it was done and I am praying that I won't give any pain like this to my son. I love my son and there is times that he hurt me and I gave him a spank. I really feel bad and I know Benjamin forgive me. He loves me so much and I love him so much.

Benjamin resisted to ride in an elevator and kept saying I wanna come back and play. Train came and then he kept saying he want to come back. We head to S-gate 15 and I was wishing that our gate is not far enough to the play area so he can play it then. I was trying to tell him to stop saying I wanna come back and play but then I asked Brian if it is okey now to tell him that we bought a PSP video game for him for this trip. He did not see the PSP yet and I told him that Daddy has a surprised for him. He finally settled down and eager to play the game. He had still a sad on his face, the pain that I gave it to him. Poor baby! He was very excited that he finally have a PSP 2 and he kept playing this when we went to best buy store.

Brian handed the toy to Benjamin and he was pressing anything on the screen. He accidentally set to German language and he handed to Brian because he cannot get in on the game. Brian was a bit disappointed because he could not understand German language. I kept eyeing on the gate if they started to board and I just finally asked Brian to go near at the gate. We were walking and look some place to sit. But there were lots of people and almost all of the seat were occupied. Brian saw his officemate Phil- he will be his boss when we will be landed in Japan. I finallly met his wife and his son. We were talking about the toy that set into German and it was nice to know that Phil's son Jake took a German class. Brian handed the toy to him and he was trying to figure out. He fixed the language, it is really cool if your kid knew other languages. We sit near at them and have a little chat. How all things were going crazy preparing for this trip. Brian and Phil were talking and I went to the side and nurse Mary. I am hoping that she can get a little nap or else she will be arching her back because she is so tired and sleepy. She sleeps and I am so happy with it.

Brian manage to call our insurance company and drop our coverage for our two cars and the house. While Benajmin was so busy pressing buttons on his new toy. I was letting him watch the movie ice age because it is hard for me to figure out how to play the games. I hate video games and I just don't wanna learn it or else I will get addicted. Brian was also asking the staff attending the gate and he manage to check in the stroller and let them install Mary's car seat for us. Brian is a smart guy and wanted to make things a little bit easier for us. I know it is hard that he will be the one to bring all our carry on bag and he is attending Benjamin. We heard an announcement that they are going to start boarding and they called the group that has little children. I carry my computer backpack on my back and carried Mary while Brian carried all the stuff. I was looking after at Ben because he loves to wander around. I was telling to Ben not to touch the hand rail because I am so sure that that is dirty and I am right. His hand was covered with dust and it marked on his palms. He is a little bit tired and I think he is hungry too. Plane finally taking off at 9:45AM and we are on our way to Japan. I asked that we will be holding hands and I had a silent prayer for us that God will keep us safe in our trip. God is good to us. We had lots of hardships for the last two weeks of our stay in Belfair but then we surpassed it.

It was not safe for us to get up yet, the plane was trying to be in the right elevation and Mary was crying and her cry is a hungry cry. I asked Brian to get some food in our bag but we need to wait a bit and he has a chocolate M and M's on his pocket and Mary was eating it. She is really hungry. They served beverages and snacks but cookies is not enough for a hungry stomach. When it was safe enough to turn on our electronics, we let Benjamin play the PSP and Mary kept whining. She was hungry and could eat a half side of the beef hehehe. She does not have any proper breakfast, she had a little bite of raisin bread and few spoonfuls of yogurt which we grabbed from the hotel. I asked Brian to get an egg and she was eating almost the entire boiled egg. The lady flight attendant was amazed that Mary was eating boiled egg. They also play movie Simpson and it kept Benjamin's occupied aside from playing his video game.Benjamin kept drinking soda pop and went to the bathroom a lot. It kept Brian get up because he really standing up and head to the toilet.

Not long enough, they served lunch. They knew that we were still hungry eventhough they served snacks. Well this may help us filling up because their food is not really that big serve. Mary got a pasta, I got chicken teriyaki and so Brian and Benjamin. I found out that pasta is too spicy for Mary, her palate is not old enough to take those spicy taste. I let her eat my chicken which is on the sweet side. Benjamin never bothered to eat his food. After Brian ate his food, he was trying to help Benjamin on his food. Benjamin does not want any but he manage to eat rolls. Mary eat pretty well enough to keep her happy. I just love it when they eat, I feel satisfied that the stomach of my kids are full.

Now the second movie is on- the Transformer and since Mary got a happy tummy. She was ready for me to nurse her and go to sleep because I saw her holding her lala blanket and kept it running on her nose and her face. She is so cute when she did that. I was falling asleep while nursing and I think my mouth was opened hahaha and I hope they did not see any saliva coming from my mouth yuckks!!!! I did not feel anything anyways lol and I think I am safe with that. I am not sure if the people passing saw my breast while I was nursing Mary. Well I was just too tired and sleep- I just don't care. It is done. I woke up from my chicken nap and I was trying to put Mary on her car seat. I was so glad that she did not wake up and I had a break of my arms and then went to the toilet.

We are still watching movie right now while I was writing this journal and I will continue more later. I am going to finish watching the last part of the movie Transformer. I think we are half way in our trip now. I took out my bag from the bag compartment and I saw that my cellphone was turning on, I thought it was off and I glance that it is 2:41pm US Time. So, we have almost 5 hours more to go. Mary woke up then she is wide awake and has lotf of energy recharge. Oh boy! she got fussy because she wants to get out on her seat and check around the neighborhood. I let her walk at the hallway and stretch her legs. Benjamin was on feet too and Brian was on feet too.. to chase Benjamin - to keep out in trouble. I just could not imagine how difficult it is to travel with little children. Oppps! Another snacks are getting ready to serve it to us. They keep us hydrated and give an entertain in our mouth or else the more we get bored. They run another movie which I don't care to watch. It seemed a weird movie and Mary kept me busy anways in walking along the hallway.

Benjamin decided to sit it again and give Brian a break of chasing him out of trouble. The fourth movie is on which is Spiderman 3. He was watching though but I was hoping not to. Benjamin like spiderman 1. They are still getting fussy and bedtime is passed already.They served dinner now and we all had chicken with mashed potato and cut steamed carrots and have sides with pasta salad, rolls, brownie and cheese with crackers. Food keep us going entertaining with our mouth. Mary eat pretty well enough but Benjamin eat a little bit. He really changed his diet plan.

We were so excited when the pilot announced that we will be landed in about an hour. Brian and I kept entertaining the kids to keep them occupied. I pressed the call button so the flight attendant can give me liquid. I was starting to get thirsty and I am afraid if there is no liquid available in the ground right away. Nobody came and it slipped in my mind that I feel thirsty because I was busy entertaining Mary. The seat belt lights turn on but they said that if we wanted to go to the toilet for the last time before the landed we better do it now. We landed at 1:40PM Japan time. It was being hard to get off on the plane. The passengers that had connecting flight was called first and then we were the last getting off on the plane. We finally have on our feet on the ground at about 2:30PM. They excorted us by picking us a bus to get to the building at the custom area. We were in line and it was a horrible line. I feel that I almost got collapsed for being so dry. I was really really thirsty and so Benjamin was asking apple juice and we could not give any. Benjamin was also tired and he almost lying down on the floor and sleep. We kept letting him entertained. After the custom thing, we headed to the exit area and look for our baggage. We thought we lost 3 bags but we saw it on the other side of the baggage area. The stroller was broken at the front side where kept Mary. I was a bit upset though but our stroller had done lots of service anyways.

Brian moved our luggages and we found out in our way out that there is a bending machine and I am glad that the coins in my pocket were plenty enough to buy three bottles of drink. Ben got an apple juice. I got a sprite and Benjamin was asking me to buy a dew for his Dad. He is a sweet boy, he is always thinking his Dad that his Dad is thirsty too. After Ben and Brian went to the restroom, we head to the bus and find a seat. Brian's boss was with us in the bus. The Japanese guy who is the driver of the bus gave a hello gestures by nodding. I just love when they do that and of course we responded with nodding. He said, it took 2 to 3 hours to get to Yokosuka base but it depends on how the traffic goes. We finally left at 3:03PM and we were all busy looking, observing and taking photos. You can hear lots of clicks from our camera. Mary was a bit fussy because she is sleepy. Benjamin is getting tired more. He got my camera and he manage the memory card full. Brian wassking him to lie and he slept. The kids were finally sleeping in the bus while us adults kept talking and looking around what we passed along the road. We found lots of 7 eleven convenient store here and even Dennys. We were fascinated with the car dealers along the road. . Lots of stuff we saw and I took some photo of it and Brian took over when Mary went to sleep.
We finally got here at Yokusuka Naval Base at around 5:10pm and we checked in at the Navy Lodge. Brian's boss Phil was so kind enough to help us. He and his family were travelling with us, we shared on the same bus to get here at Yokosuka. The kids were still sleeping and we brought them inside the room and still snoozing. SRF wardroom gave us a welcome gift. It is a laundry basket with full of goodies- it is food! They are so cool.
It is really amazing. Brian's boss' boss Tom Murphy meet Phil and Brian downstairs but I went down so quick and meet him and his wife and granddaughter. I never expected that your boss will spend extra more time to meet his subordinates. They make it sure that the newly move family will be taken care of. I went downstairs and meet them there but I did not stay long because the kids still sleeping then. While waiting for Brian to come up in our room, I was putting away our clothes to the drawer and clean a bit in our room by moving our stuff and suitcases. Brian went up in our room and get ready for bed. We were all tired and sleepy z z z z z z z z z......signing off...

Back to Home Page

No comments: