Wednesday, November 05, 2008

PCS to Yokosuka Japan

Moving is not fun!

There are so many things to think. "I wish I had known......". I will post a list of items that newcomers most often stated they wish they had known about before their arrival. Or else send me an email at cmcbeaskelly@yahoo.com if you want to get a copy.

When we moved last Feb 2008, boy! Everything is quick. I don't think it is fun packing in a winter weather with a two toddlers roaming around the house.  We were stressed by our move  

First thing you do: Get an official passport for your family if they are all citizen. If not! then.. The SOFA personnel will stamp your spouse/dependent passport .   

Second Arrange your travel- your stay when you got here. You better have a great sponsor or else you will be lost. It is hard to start to a new place or to a foreign place. 

Third- Pls coordinate to the sponsor coordinator. Ask some info from your command of what to expect to your new home for the next three years. 

Pls let me know if you want to get an information about Yokosuka base on how to expect of living here in Japan....

No comments: