Friday, July 11, 2008

Remembering the Nagasaki and Hiroshima A-Bomb

When I was a kid, I heard about the atomic bombing in Hiroshima and Nagasaki Japan back in World War II but I just don't have an idea how bad was it. So information is available on the internet right now and I was reading about the survivors stories in bombing. Boy! it was a bad experience for little children. The city is completely destroyed and lots of injured men and women at that time and even dead. There was many reason why they dropped the bombed. Japan became an evil country- they wanted to invade in every island in the Pacific including the Philippines - my homeland. They became greedy and never thought of what is the consequence ahead of them. Some people will say, they deserved of what they got.

If you are thinking humanely then Japan did not deserved for A-bomb. As what I am understanding, there is no other recourse to stop the war. Japan attacked the Pearl Harbor in Hawaii- they finally took Bataan Philippines- the Guam. Oh gosh! The Death March in the Philippines, I saw the map where the people were marching. Thousands of prisoners of war and many Filipinos died. In my opinion, Filipinos are not deserving to die at that time. Japanese people raped women and right now, they have plenty of offspring back home.

It hurts my heart to think those dark times of my countrymen. And more war.


Right now, I am looking at Hiroshima city. The place is progressive and Japan is back on their feet and became rich country. I was looking and comparing my country that became very poor. It is a third world country. We were behind in Japan triple decades. The leaders in the Philippines are corrupt. The United States helps Philippines to rebuild the country. Even for that.... Still the country is so poor and lots of people suffering. If I am rich woman in the world then I wanna help the Philippines but I just don't have the power and riches.

No comments: