Wednesday, February 06, 2008

2nd Day at AOB class

2/06/2008

This morning we started a little bit early. We woke up at 5AM and not as early than the other day. We prepare ourselves and eat breakfast early. We were trying to feed the kids but they are not eating that much. We left here at the lodge at 7:30AM, Brian tried to get a cab but we saw Phil and his wife Rene hurrying to get to the bus stop because the bus is there already. We were running too quickly and we catch the bus. Oh boy! This is one of the things that I missed in my life- a car. I missed my mini van and I am wishing to get a driver license here and that will be on Friday. We are going to take a written a test in driving here in Japan. Japan is totally different from our driving in America. We are driving in a wide open space.

So then, we drop the kids to Nikki's place and Benjamin was crying because he wanted to go with us. We stayed a little bit long so he started to think that we will leave them there again at Nikki and he was right. We told him that we will be back. It teared my heart apart if anybody watching my kids and they were crying when we leave. Brian felt a little different that Benjamin was crying and calling for Daddy and Mommy. It is hard though but we need to attend this class on how to blend and respect the culture of Japanese. We wanted ourselves to be respected and so the Japanese people. It is just so funny because few Filipinos never think that I am a Filipino and I think this is a good thing. Maybe some Japanese think that I am Japanese too. I just remembered when we were there in San Diego. Filipinos never say hi or give me a smile eventhough I smiled at them but when we went to the Chinese-American Church. The Chinese lady was talking to me a Chinese language, she thought that I am. I told her that my grandmother is half Chinese and that's why I have a little eyes.

I just could not imagine how important to learn in speaking and writing Japanese languages but our speaker this morning from FFSC said that speaking and writing is pretty easy but I think it is not! We learned lots of things about Japan, their culture is the best thing to know first before you met them. I think I am ready to meet them but my Japanese words is not that great. I need to learn more. Actually there phonetic characters is base on english, they have two Japanese characters which is base in english phonetic- the hiragana and katakana and Kanji characters is a little bit harder to learn. I was trying to write characters and it is hard though but it is fun. We learned how to count from 1 to infinity LOL. It is a combination to their numbers and use your mathematics to come up with the right number just like 256, in Japanese it is nihyaku gojuroku. It is pretty cool the ni is two, hyaku is 100 - it is 2x100=200 and the go is 5 and ju is 10= which 5x10=50 and roku is 6. and so that is why Nihyaku gojuroku. It is pretty cool to learn huh! But I love it. I know I will be used to to use all of this during this tours. I will make a website for our Japan tours and posted it to my personal site or even in my blogs.

In every break, we kept calling the kids how are they doing. I am wishing that they can come with us but they are a hassle or the kids disturb us by our learning. It is odd to leave the kids all day. I am not used to the idea and so Brian. The first time for the kids to be away from us all day. Mary is doing better that we thought but Ben is doing worse. We heard from Nikki that he bit one of the kid that she is watching. It is kind of sad though, he bever bit a kid before. Brian and Benjamin had a long talk this evening, Brian asking him why he bit the kid and he says, the kid bonking my head and he got hurt but he promise not to do it again. Well it is pretty not cool. Brian could face Nikki what Benjamin doing today but it is done and I hope the kid is fine.

One of our break this morning, Brian sneak out again and went to PSD for my ID. We had a lot of trouble of getting my ID. I feel intimidated that I don't have a proper identity here at the base. My WA drivers license is not honored and only passport is my identity. When Brian got back from PSD, I found out that we don't need to come at lunch break to PSD because the lady who help us will get some more information.

Lunch break, we had lunch at Officers club with Phil and Rene. I thought only officers can get in there but everyone is welcome to dine in. They have a nice restaurant, when you get in. They have a plate of food that you can see displayed on the table. Oh boy! I forgot to take photos of it. I just wanna show it to you. It is their specials of the day which is really cool idea. You have the idea how much food you can get. Brian was getting their one of the special which is Japanese special which is burger something. Their special included a dessert which lemon custard cheesecake. We both did not ordered a drink and we paid a little. Their sweet potato soup is good too. After our lunch, we head to the EXchange because Brian wanted to buy a strip, our room does not have lots of outlets and we need more. We found out that they did not let anybody get in if you don't have ID. I was a bit upset but then the lady there was doing her job. It made me feel rejected and kept hoping to get an ID today.

We went back to Benny Deck Theater for our next class and at the break. Brian and I hurriedly went to PSD office. There is a little shower in the outside but it is manageable to walk. It is kind of wasting money if we are going to take a cab where it is a walking distance. We got there at 5 till 2PM and we were hoping to get it fast. They wanted to serve us but then we were waited for the lady who help us for a go signal. Brian's command is new here and ID card people don't have us on their list of approved people. Also the Human Resources people that generate the ID Card request claim they don't work for our command. This is getting hard but the head of the ID card person got disgusted with what was happening with us and went ahead and issued one to us. She could tell we were entitled to one of even if we could not get the right paperwork. She generated the forms required and then got us the ID needed. She is very helpful to us and I heard her saying yesterday that she will alwasy help her co-Washingtonians people. I am glad with that. I was so happy with all her help and Brian is planning to drop off a cup of of her favorite coffee on her office as a say thank you.

I am now a happy person, I finally have an ID and have an identity here at the base. We went back to the theater and catch the next course. We missed an hour class. Oh well, we were planning to come in next week and learn more about Japanese.
After the class, Rene and I went together and pick up the kids. Brian and Phil went to go see Tom their boss. We head to the lodge and get a little rest. Brian got back and we bought dinner to go at Chilis. Kids were getting fussy and sleepy and then I asked them to go to sleep. Ben resisted because he wanted to watch TV. I do laundry and I did not get my laundry because I was falling asleep. zzzz snooze..zzzz we are all tired.
We are looking forward for our field trip tomorrow by riding trains and buses. I need not to forget my camera or else I can get photos. I will post photos tomorrow evening when we will be back from the trip. CIAO!

back to Home Page

No comments: